The Iranian Ministry of Interior officially announced the names of the Iranian presidential candidates scheduled for June 18.
The Guardian Council in Iran indicated the eligibility of 7 candidates for the presidential elections, and they are:
• The head of the judiciary, Ibrahim Raisi.
• Secretary of the Expediency Council, Mohsen Rezaei.
• The former Secretary of the National Security Council, Saeed Jalili.
• Head of the Research Center in Parliament, Ali Reza Zakani.
• Deputy Speaker of the Iranian Parliament, Amir Hossein Qadhizadeh Hashemi.
• Central Bank Governor Abdel Nasser Hemmy.
• President of the “Zorkhana” Sports Federation, and a member of the Board of Directors of the Kish Free Economic Zone, Mohsen Mehr Ali Zadeh.
This means excluding the former president of the Shura Council, Ali Larijani, former President Ahmadinejad and the current vice president of the reformist Republic, Yitzhak Jahangiri, from the presidential race.